We will be holding our second #PGHLittleHack this Thursday evening. In a recent Twitter poll, we found that this date worked for the largest number of attendees.
We plan to run the poll ahead of our next few sessions until we find the weekday that is most accommodating for the attendees. Unfortunately, we are not savvy enough at this point to have remote attendees. (Carl makes a note to find some gear to use for remote attendees). As this little project continues, I want to scale the methods of attending so that more can join in on the fun.
- Date: Friday, October 5, 2017
- Time: 6:00 P.M. til Whenever
- Location: Morrow Park City Apartments, 5250 Liberty Ave. Pittsburgh PA
- Parking: Street Parking is free after 6:00 PM
- Equipment: A couple NUCs and a gig switch. Thank you, Ariel Sanchez @arielsanchezmor for providing the space and equipment
- What to bring: All you need to bring is yourself and a laptop. If you have a Github account, it would help us to share our code with the larger VMUG @myVMUG community
Given that it’s Hacktoberfest, we figured it would be appropriate to use “Committing to Open Source” as our theme for our little hack sessions in October. As some prework have a look at Hacktoberfest. We would like to the attendees in the month of October to select from the list of community projects.
If you are not comfortable in the subject matter that attendees select during our session, no worries. Our only goal with these little sessions is to have fun and learn something. As I have mentioned in the previous post, all are welcome to attend regardless of familiarity with coding, infrastructure, VMware, computers, etc… Come and learn as a community. Have some fun socializing with peers. Have fun learning or teaching.